Monday, January 28, 2008

The Very Moment I Became Old

The other day I brought my laptop to class (to get a little extra work done at work) and as the kids walked in one of them noticed my background, the poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. She remarked "what is that?" and I answered. Another girl pipped in with "Oh yeah, Indiana Jones, that's like National Treasure for old people."

National Treasure for old people.

Said student then remarked "Nicholas Cage's hair is so cool in that movie. It's all slicked up."

Sigh.

4 comments:

Carl Perkins said...

My kids once asked me who Al Pacino was. It never stops hurting. Incidentally, I've just come up with a great idea for a movie. It's the imagined friendship of Ron Jeremy and Ron Howard and how they ultimately betrayed each other and went down different paths, only to be reunited years down the line. I call it "Two Rons Make a Right." Lets get some storyboards here.

Football Chick said...

AHahahahahahahaha

If two kids had planned out how to be more irritating to you they could not have done a better job.

ReadDanceBliss said...

OUCH. I get this kind of stuff all the time, teaching dance to high school kids. Fred Ast-who? Ok to not recognize him, or know details about him, but to never have HEARD of Fred Astaire? It hurts.

but not as much as "National Treasure for old people." Wow.

El Gigante said...

This is why they need to re-release that Taco cover of "Puttin' on the Ritz."