Thursday, December 6, 2007

I would like a hoola-hoop...and a beating

So crashing in front of the TV after a long days work I stumble upon an ad for this movie:


Shameful. What happened Jason Lee, you used to be COOL!? (Stealing Harvard non withstanding...oh and A Guy Thing, Julia Stiles over Selma Blair, you're nuts). David Cross gets a pass because this is pure paycheck work, but the one-two punch of this and Underdog indicates we're seeing the sort of path for Lee that Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy headed down some time ago. I should also point out that the teaser version of this ad features a scene where Alvin literally eats shit. As a joke. In a children's film. Its too easy.

OK I can't resist. I guarantee you that Alvin won't be the only one who eats shit in this movie. The audience will be as-Ahhhh never mind.

Anyway on the TV version of this bad boy (which I could not find an embed-ible version of, nor did I have the inclination to search for it), the ad ends with the tag line "Get 'Munked." I'll let that sink in for a moment.


GET.


'MUNKED.



If you see an advertiser today, please punch them in the face.
But alas good bloggers it is no mere tag line. The website of this film (which I will not dignify by linking to) offers a feature where you too can...sigh..."get 'munked" and turn a photo of yourself into a small rodent. If I had a dollar for every time I've pondered this I 'd be richer than Calvin Coolidge, put together (had to put a reference to a good movie in there somewhere). Why, oh lord why?

Get 'Munked it's like Simpson-izing yourself, except AWFUL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I am a ... a shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament. It says so. Right there."

Love the blog, babe. Just wanted to say hi and tell you that. It's been added to my (usually) daily reading. ALMOST as good as seeing you ever - speaking of which, it's been a while since I did that. We're going to see Sweeney Todd together, right? RIGHT? You, me, and Hannah, man. That is my goal.

Anonymous said...

I have seen "She's the Man" on HBO. David Cross has used up his good will.